Use these little Preferred Hostess cards to motivate your hostesses to work harder and to keep track of what they do. You may think that these are to be used just like the Preferred Customer cards, which they mark off circles with purchases, but there is another way these can be even more beneficial to you and your hostesses.
You will initial a circle on the card when your hostess performs whatever tasks you outline for her to do.
Here are some suggestions. She could get a circle marked off for:
· Returning the guest list within 3 days.
· Returning her WISH list, which specifies the items she wants to earn.
· Calling all her guests before the party. (Randomly put a sticker such as “Gifts for every holiday” on 5 of the invitations you are mailing out for her. While she is calling all of the guests to remind them of the party, encourage her to ask if they have one of the “Gifts for every holiday” stickers on their invitation. If they do, they can bring it to the party for a gift. If the hostess finds all 5, she’ll earn another square.)
· Every $50 in outside orders she gets BEFORE the party.
· Every BOOKING she gets BEFORE the party.
· Having at least 10 adult guests attend the party.
· Having at least a $400 party.
· Every 2 bookings confirmed AT the party.
· Each additional $100 in orders over the $400.
· Each additional $100 in outside orders AFTER the party.
· Each additional booking AFTER the party.
· Having all the money turned in to you on the close date.
· Booking another party herself.
· Having a $1000 party.
The list goes on and on. Basically, you make a list of what you want your hostesses to do and reward them by marking off circles. It usually takes 2-3 parties for a hostess to fill her card. When she does, she gets the reward AND becomes a member of your ELITE Preferred Hostess Club.
What do you do for your ELITE Hostesses?
Once or twice a year, you could invite your ELITE hostesses to a special party. This is where they can see the new items or get the first chance to buy closeouts or discount items. When you do this in the fall, you would offer your ELITE hostesses the opportunity to book for the Christmas season.
Who better to fill your datebook for the fall than your hostesses who you know will work on their parties to be successful? You could have this party be a MYSTERY HOSTESS party where one of the gals there can earn the hostess prizes. Let them order the new stuff and get excited. To show your appreciation, serve your preferred hostesses a light dinner like a salad bar or something easy, yet nice.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
1. Order the Preferred Hostess Cards, stickers, and buttons to help promote your program.
2. Decide what you will give as your gift when the card is full. Be sure to make it something they really want and will work for.
3. Fill out the back of the card with your contact info, etc. and include the card in your hostess folders.
4. Type up a list of the things they can do to earn the squares. You may copy the list above as a base for your own list.) Include a list in each hostess folder so your hostesses will know what to do.
5. At your parties briefly explain the program to your guests and tell them what the hostess of the party is on her way to earning. Explain that it is fun and easy, and that they could do it too! This will help you to get even more committed hostesses!
START NOW to have a system to reward your hosts. Once you have the system in place it is EASY to just keep on doing it. You will find this to be beneficial to you in helping to keep your hosts motivated to DO what you want them to do!
See these BLOG POSTS training for more info on how to actually implement these systems into your business so you can FOLLOW up and build relationships with your customers.
Are you leaving money lying on the Table? Key 4-Sales
Customer Care Cards (V4124) Key5-Customers
The Preferred Customer Cards Key 5-Customers
Preferred Hostess CardsKey 2-Hosts
To go to The Booster Website to the category to SEE and Order all the products that go with this training click:
Alida asked a question below about how to mark the circles on Preferred Customer Cards, the answer applies to Preferred Hostess Cards too so I’ve added her question and my reply here as well.
Alida asked: Jenny… I just ordered your preferred customer and host cards and love them… I want to use them to reward my customers for placing online orders, referrals and other things that I won’t actually see them for. The first time I plan on mailing them the card to them with a thank you, but after they already have the card, how do I credit them the “circle” I have “thought” about making a fold over note card that thanked them and included a sticker they could place on their card. Then each time they earned one I would send a sticker to add to the card. I decided to try yours so I did not spend tons of time designing it! What is your thought on how I could do this?
Hi Alida, This is a great question. I’ve had people ask and have answered verbally but I’m not sure I’ve put it in writing. Here is what I suggest:
Come up with a “CODE” for each month of the year. Use initials or numbers that mean something to you. For example, if your mom’s birthday is in January, use her initials. If your anniversary is in Feb, use the number of how many years you’ve been married, etc. Once you have the code for the year, write it on a card that you keep on your desk with your Customer Care Cards, and another in your datebook, or order clipboard for easy reference while at parties.
When you mark the circles or boxes on the Preferred Customers cards at a party, or over the phone, use that code. When they are placing an outside order say somthing like, “Do you have your Preferred Customer Card Handy? Great, this order qualifies you to mark off TWO circles. Please put the initials “AB” and 1/11 on those circles. Remember, I am here to help you with your gift giving needs so call me when you need something and we’ll be able to mark off more circles. You’ll have your card filled in no time and you’ll earn _______”
In reality, this is just to keep your customers “honest” (not that you think they will cheat) but just to let them know that you are using a different code each month so they wouldn’t even try to cheat. Also, when they turn in the card to you, the codes will be familiar even if you’ve forgotten specific orders they placed.
I hope this helps. If you have more questions, please just ask. The blog is a great place to ask. I’m going to transfer this question to the post about using preferred customer cards too! Thanks, Jenny B