If you are reading this, I assume your
goal is great success!
If you want to be successful the ONE key area that YOU can have the greatest influence upon, and will make the most difference, is your relationship with your host. This relationship is built upon your doing some simple things that set you apart in helping her be successful.
There are lots of excuses for not following up, but when you take it upon yourself to follow up and follow thru it will mean success to you!
I will briefly list the Steps to Success and show you a few products that make doing the steps easier. If you want more information, please check out the additional training on our website (and blog) or join our Key Pack Club.
- Give the host packet! Hopefully you come prepared to each party with the host packet filled with the information she needs. This mentally prepares you to get the bookings and she goes home prepared to be successful. (To make a great impression, put it all together in our Host Folders! V2670)
- Send a confirmation “Thank You” postcard. Keep confirmation postcards all ready to go in your car. After the party, fill it out and drop it in the mail on your way home. This makes a HUGE impression and shows you are on the ball and prepared to help her be successful. (Remind her you are “Watching for her guest list!”) See Key 2 Postcards.
- After getting the guest list, prepare the invitations (Be sure to use the FOUR stickers on every invitation. One for Booking, one for Recruiting, a “Bring a Friend” reminder and a “Having Fun or Company Specific”. Remember, if only a third come to the party you at least want to be planting booking and recruiting seeds with all the rest! (See the K-Invite Pack online or Blog under Key 3 for more details.)
- Send a note to let her know her invitations have been mailed. She will feel confident you are doing your part and she will be even more excited. Remind her “Your Wish List Free is my goal for you and me!” with the new sticker PR20854!
- Send her a “Please Call your Guests” type of phone call reminder postcard (See Key 2 Postcards.)
so she gets it a couple of days before her party. Those calls make a HUGE impact. Do the “5 Sticker Game” on the invitations as an added incentive for her to make the calls. (See LS2259 for details.)
- Call her for last minute information, to give encouragement, see how many guests are coming, etc. This call sets her mind at rest and helps her feel even more confident.
- As part of this step, prepare everything at home for the party. Get your demo items together, prepare the Recruiting Dollars (V6658), prepare a booking game (See the Spring Fling Board), prepare what games you’ll play, have the prizes ready, have guest folders ready with “stickered” catalogs, order forms, pens with “PenPal” stickers, and other info each guest needs. Be sure to have Host Packets and Recruit packets ready. Then, be sure you have what you need for a smooth check out procedure. This preparation will set YOUR mind at rest and you’ll feel more confident and ready to go!
- Go do your event! Get there early (but not too early) so set up goes smooth and you have time to connect with your host. Be sure to take your “guest list” on a clipboard so you can greet the guests and get to know them while checking their names on your list! Have a good time, be enthusiastic and relaxed! Care about the people you meet. Your goal should be to find out what their needs are and meet them. (See the BLOG post about how to use your guestlist under Key 2.)
- Take a few minutes after the party is over to go over the orders and compare them to the guest list. Be excited with your host and remind her that “If you call them they will order!” (PR20309) This applies to those who came and did not order and others who were interested but didn’t come. Challenge her to follow up on everything she can do to earn additional “circles” on her Preferred Hostess Card! (BC2607) Reinforce that this is a WIN WIN for both of you!
- Follow up on any calls YOU need to make to her or guests.
- Get with her by phone or in person on the specified date to get the final orders, collect all money and close the party. Help her decide how best to get all the things on her Wish List that she wants.
- Place your order. Be sure to take advantage of specials your company is offering. Be aware of where YOU are in your monthly sales to benefit from all incentives.
- Do any additional follow up that may be necessary. This includes delivering any orders, etc.
- Send a hand written “Thank You” to your host. She helped you and deserves the hand written touch. Include a little thank you like the “Hostess Magnet” (PSB2305) or Bookmark (BM22602 or BM22603).
By DOING all these steps you will make an impression on your host that will set you apart!
She will want to party with you again and again. You’ll be building a relationship that will be beneficial to BOTH of you over time.
These steps don’t take much time (average 30 minutes per party). They just take consistency!
You need a plan to make it EASY to keep track of where you are on the list for every host! Keep our “Steps to Success” erase board (EB2128) on your fridge and mark it off as you do each step.
Remember, it is not what you CAN DO and CAN’T DO… It is what you WILL DO and WON’T DO that makes you Successful!
Start NOW to take these simple steps and watch your business soar!
Here is the Direct Link to the K-Host-T Pack on our website: http://www.thebooster.com/k-packs-22/1955-k-host-t-pack-to-have-happy-successful-hosts.html
The postcards in this pack above have the TEXT already printed on them.
If you would rather have the Postcards Blank so you can print onto them yourself, you’ll want the K-HOST-G Pack. Here is the link: http://www.thebooster.com/k-packs-22/1960-k-host-g-pack-to-have-happy-successful-hosts.html
Here are some of our FIVE STAR Testimonials on using this system and the Erase Board to keep track!
‘Success Steps’ Review
Randi Carter – Indianapolis, IN (Sunday, August 31, 2008)
These were a PERFECT team goodie! The price was great and it really helped everyone see how easy it can be to keep track of multiple hostesses at once. Wonderful for our Hostess Coaching Training!!
Success Steps Erase Board
Cheryl Thomas – Schenectady,NY (Tuesday, June 10, 2008)
The Success Steps Erase Board is a must for anyone in the party plan business. I’m the mother of 3 children and work full-time out of the home so I have to stay organized. I was always forgetting some ‘ingredient’ to the successful ‘recipe’ of a home show. Now I never miss a step thanks to your awesome erase board! It stays right on my refrigerator and with one quick glance I can see what needs to be done!Thank-you Jenny B!
Holly Moore – Litchfield Park (Tuesday, June 10, 2008)
I LOVE my ‘It’s Success Steps!’ erase board. It is so easy to look there (on my fridge) and be in contact with my hostesses as I am doing other things throughout my day.
I can’t wait to order the family goal planning board, too!
Angie – Appleton, WI (Monday, January 28, 2008)
I really like my erase board!! This helps me keep track of what’s going on with my home business while I also have my full time job. With just a glance this board is great for helping me keep track of what I have done for each of my hostesses.
Success Steps Board
Michelene Sheppard – Bridgeport (Friday, April 13, 2007)
The Success Steps Erase Board is the best organizational tool. I keep track of what I have left to do and have already done for my hostesses so much better! It really helps since you increase the number of shows you’re holding with all the other products!
Kimber Boshers – Pulaski, TN (Saturday, March 04, 2006)
I love these Erase Boards. They make (proper) hostess coaching a no-brainer. The board leads me through exactly what I need to be doing for my hostess and in what order. It’s just great!
Here is the direct link to the Erase Board that these testimonials are about EB2128: http://www.thebooster.com/key-2-other-products-1/467-eb2128-follow-up-hosts-success-for-you-erase-board-467.html
Please share your comments below! We LOVE hearing of your success as you apply the steps to success!