Start building your relationship with your host by sending a confirmation card IMMEDIATELY! At the same time, encourage the return of the Guest List! These steps are crucial to your long term success in the business!
Here’s what to do:
FIRST: Send a confirmation postcard!
Why? It is simple, easy and makes a HUGE impact!
Don’t you just love to get mail that isn’t a bill?
Your hosts feel important and that you are on the ball when you IMMEDIATELY send a confirmation postcard after they book a party or show.
HOW to make it easy:
When you leave the hostesses house, send a confirmation postcard (See Key 2 Postcards with Text or print your own text on our Colorful Graphic Designs using our FREE Templates) to the NEW host and include the “I’m watching for your guest list” sticker (S23087) or S20346 as a reminder on the postcard. This is just a little reminder that makes a BIG difference in how quickly you receive the guest list back. We even have the confirmation postcard with the main emphasis of receiving the guest list back. It is PP20370CT.
Just keep a selection of confirmation postcards all ready to go in your car. Then, once you have a booking, fill out the card with their information and drop it in the mail. It is just that simple! Make the commitment to yourself, your hosts and your business to do this CONSISTENTLY. You make the commitment by getting prepared and doing it!
When they receive the card, it confirms the date so they will write it on their calendar, be reminded to share the date with their family and even more important it shows that you are committed to helping them be successful.
This lets the hostess know you are on the ball and interested in helping her, to send in her guest list, and hopefully eliminates the need for multiple phone calls asking her for the list.
NOTE: Making it part of your policy to receive a guest list from your hosts is an essential part of your long term success! Some consultants actually make receiving the guest list as the confirmation of their party date. WHY? Because the number one reason that hosts postpone or cancel their party (or have a very small attendance) is that the invitations didn’t get sent out in time. When YOU get the guest list, then YOU are in charge of your own success! You can look at the guest list as your INSURANCE to make sure your party holds!
This also gets you a GUEST LIST that you can use (See the T2-03 How to Use Guest List Idea for more details on this.)
2) Once you have the guest list, enter the names in some sort of data base.
If you have a computer, (which obviously you do if you are on our Idea of the Week club), use it to your advantage. Keep a list of your contacts and make sure you have fields you can use to sort for various information. (See the FREE EXCEL Customer Care Spreadsheet we offer under V4124 — Customer Care CARDS (Click the DOWNLOAD tab)
3) Prepare your invitations and use your computer to print labels of the addresses.
You could use our new PRINTABLE STICKERS to personalize the invitations even more by printing their name information on the sticker “I value your business and loyalty” (PSA5206) or “Could you use an extra $100 a week?” (PSA6208)
Use the “Bring a Friend and receive a Free Gift” printable sticker (PSA3203) to put the party date, time, location, etc. Just stick these on your invitation and save a ton of writing. (You’re planting seeds to bring a friend too!)
4) Make sure you have a field in your data base where you’ve entered the host name, do a sort by that and print a list of those invited to your party. (Alphabetical order is easiest.) Or make a couple of copies of the guest list. Be sure to leave room on your list to write notes!
5) Mail the invitations at the appropriate time and mail the “Your invitations are in the mail” postcard (PP20516CT with Text or print your own info using our FREE templates on PP20516C) to your hostess letting her know they have been mailed. Put a sample of the “Boost Attendance” (KEY 3) type sticker that you have put on her invitations on this card and remind her to follow up. i.e. bring a friend, etc.
6) Mail a follow up letter to your hostess with a copy of the guest list (including phone numbers) reminding her of the importance of calling her guests. Use the sticker “If you call them, they will come” (S20396) on the guest list and letter! In this letter, give her any additional information, encouraging her to get outside orders and bookings, etc. Use the stickers “Outside orders welcome!” (S40376) and “Book before the show and watch your gifts grow!” (PR21017) If you are using the “Preferred Hostess” (BC2607) program, remind her in this letter of the things she needs to do to mark off boxes to receive an additional gift, when her card is full.
7) Follow up one more time by sending her the postcard, “Thank you for
doing your best” (PP20277CT ) or “If you call them they will come!” (PP20529CT) or “Please Remember to call your guests” (PP22526) to remind her again to make those reminder calls the night before or the day of the party. (All of these come with Text or you can print whatever you want on the without text cards using our Free Templates.)
This takes you to the day of the party…. you have the guest list, what do you DO with it? See the NEXT blog post for that…. http://blog.thebooster.com/t2-03-how-to-use-guest-list
To see ALL the products mentioned in this training, please click this Category under FREE TRAINING > T2 :